Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: can we make a list of vets in the area

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    can we make a list of vets in the area

    A list of vet's with opinion's of the treatment they have gotten their animals and where they are listed.
    In a lot of ways I'm looking at taking my dogs to another vet and want opinions and where they are located.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: list of vets in the area

    Cryptic this post is.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: can we make a list of vets in the area

    Pound Veterinary Hospital - Pound VA. Dr. Donna Stidham.
    .....My vet of choice, whenever I can get in. Always has gone above and beyond for my family. Even though I lived in Blacksburg for 7 years Donna still provided my veterinary services whenever practical.

    Rasnic Animal Clinic - Duffield VA Dr. Tim Rasnic
    .....Good prices. Has hours after 5:00 pm Tues. - Thurs. for walk-ins. A good guy.

    Wise County Animal Hospital - Wise VA. Dr. William Goins
    .....Because of him, Donna got our business as soon as she opened her practice. Our dogs hated him. Horror stories abound. I do like his wife though - we were in community band together.

    Scott Veterinary Services - Gate City VA. Dr. Bill Fuller.
    .....Prices similar to Rasnic. I've only been there once. He does a lot of work for the local rescue groups.

    Margaret Mitchell Spay/Neuter Clinic - Bristol VA
    .....Like the name says, they primarily spay/neuter and also provide rabies vaccinations and very low prices. Earlier this year Aiko was spayed/vaccinated for $40. They have vans they make trips to the area to pick up dogs/cats for their appointments.

    Town & Country Animal Clinic - Abingdon VA.
    .....They can handle the exotics (ferrets chinchillas birds small rodents various reptiles, etc.) along with standard household pets. They also have a nice pet store attached to the clinic.

    Appalachian Animal Hospital - Hazard KY.
    .....I'm fairly sure this is where Donna finished up her internship.

    Airport Animal Emergency Clinic - Blountville TN
    .....I think this is the only emergency clinic anywhere nearby. I'm under the impression they work all hours.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 89bluedevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: can we make a list of vets in the area

    My mother worked for Indian Ridge Animal Hospital for several years in Kingsport. They are located near Indian Path Hospital. Haven't heard anything bad about them.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: can we make a list of vets in the area

    I had forgotten about them. A girl from work takes her cats there. She said good things about them.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: can we make a list of vets in the area

    Indian Ridge is by far the best I've used.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: can we make a list of vets in the area

    I like the people at Indian Ridge, but your wallet will know you've been there. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

    Last time we had our cat there for his yearly checkup and shots, it was about $75. When my wife started taking the cat there, it was about $40 for that visit. $35 increase in 6 years.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member logo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2005
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: can we make a list of vets in the area

    They might be good vets but they definatley are not good kennels. Never leave your pet there for boarding. I left my dog there and I honestly believe they didn't let him out of the cage the whole week. When we picked him up he urinated at least a half gallon... and my dog only weighs about 20 lbs. I was very ticked off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •